In this section of my portfolio I have compiled a group of assignments on research I have conducted with respect to the history of the Cariboo Gold Rush. Being an accounting major, the thought of gold and money intrigues me which is why I chose this topic for my research. In my findings I encountered that there is so much more to the Gold Rush than just the discovery gold. The Gold Rush in Barkerville not only led to many pioneers finding riches in gold, but it also had a great impact on the creation of the province of British Columbia.

As a student in the K-12 school system in northern British Columbia, many of the grades in my community had the privilege of participating in class field-trips to the historical town of Barkerville, I unfortunately wasn’t lucky enough to be in the classes that went on these field-trips. Although I likely won’t be fortunate enough to get a hands-on ‘experience’ of what it was like to live in Barkerville in the 19th century, I can now say, after completing my research, that I feel as if i was right there with my peers on these field-trips.

HIST 1120 – Research Paper

HIST 1120 – Research Paper Outline

Barkerville Document Analysis